New Student Registration
Please note - until August 10th, the Counseling Center
will be on Summer Hours schedule.
will be on Summer Hours schedule.
Registering a new student to Springfield Middle? Here are some resources to get you started! Please call in advance to register your child or to notify the school that your child will be leaving Springfield Middle. Contact the Springfield Middle School Counseling Center for all registration questions or to schedule an appointment.
Items Needed to Enroll/Register a Child
- From the Parent/Guardian
- Valid form of photo ID for parent or legal guardian (such as a driver's license).
- Any necessary court documents such as guardianship, custody, adoption, or name change documents. A notarized statement of guardianship is NOT valid in the state of Maryland.
- Proof of residency in Springfield Middle School district. Acceptable forms of proof of residency must be current within the last three months and include:
- Water or sewer bill.
- Electric bill (top portion of bill indicates address where power is served.
- Settlement sheet or deed to property.
- Mortgage statement or lease agreement.
- From the Student
- Birth certificate
- Social security card
- Immunization list
- Withdrawal sheet from previous school.
- Most recent report card from previous school.
- Name and telephone number of previous school.
- IEP or 504 plan for student, if applicable.
- Completed Forms (see below to view/print forms)
- Washington County Public Schools Student Enrollment Form
- Student Heath/Family Information Form
- Maryland Schools Record of Physical Examination
- Other forms as needed, such as:
- Physician's Medication Order Forms (for medications to be administered at school).
- Caregiver for Homeless Student Affidavit
- Parent Residency Affidavit - Multi-Family Disclosure
- Special Permissions Form
- Student in Transition Form
- Children in Informal Kinship Care Affidavit
- Volunteer Application
If your family is living with another family, a Multi-Family form must be completed annually. A proof of residency must accompany form in the name of the person who signs that you are living at address. Multi-Family forms must be notarized and photo ID must be shown. You can obtain Multi-Family forms from any school or print a copy below.
Alternate Living Arrangements
If your family has other living arrangements due to loss of job, loss of housing, death of legal guardian or other emergency situation, please call 301-766-8395 or contact Michelle Althouse, Pupil Personnel Worker. You may reach her by email at email@example.com or via phone at 301-766-2993 for assistance.
Special Permission Applications
You may obtain a special permission application from any school or from the forms below. You must apply each school year. Submit completed form and proof of residency to school Principal or Counseling Center.
Click the links below to view, download and/or print the forms you need to register your child!
Washington County Public Schools
Student Enrollment Form
Student Heath/Family Information Form
Maryland Schools Record of
Physician's Medication Order Forms (for medications to be administered at school)
Caregiver for Homeless Student Affidavit
Parent Residency Affidavit
Student in Transition Form
Children in Informal Kinship Care Affidavit
*NOTE* If you will be working alone with students, you will need a criminal background check.
Questions or Concerns?
Call the Counseling Center, we are here to help!